Tuesday 15 January 2008

We Has a Bush!

George Bush Came to Dubai and All We Got Was These Lousy Traffic Jams.

We has a Bush! And then, we hasn't. He came, he saw very little, he made noises about Iran to stop the hawks of Washington from indulging in a snit, he buggered off to Saudi to promise cheap weapons and beg for cheaper oil.
We did get a public holiday though, making Bush for once moderately popular here.
'Before flying to Dubai, Bush began his activities Monday by viewing a cultural exhibit and visiting business leaders in Abu Dhabi. At an exhibit on energy economy in the Gulf, Bush praised the United Arab Emirates federation for examining how to move beyond a reliance on oil.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Bush said. "This country has gotten its wealth from the ground and is now reinvesting in alternative forms of energy."
Good point, so good that he then went to Saudi and asked them to pump more.

5 comments:

Seabee said...

Bush praised the United Arab Emirates federation for examining how to move beyond a reliance on oil.

But when he discovers the plan is for nookular power - a la EyeRan - I wonder what he'll say then...

Anonymous said...

He's looking for oil... cos today had up record again.. US$140,00 - Caralho!! (it's a Brazilian bad word, sorry..)

Anyway, Salut!

Comment vas-tu? J'espere que trés bien...

well, I'll keep writing in English cos I do not know if you speak French... I'm a Brazilian Flight Attendant, and I also have a blog so I was wondering if you could give me an interview about Dubai cos I'm writing about Emirates Airlines, and I'd like to talk to someone like you who live there to say a little bit about the city... You know, there a lot of Brazilians who wanna work for Emirates, blá, blá...

May you do me this favor? I'll appreciate that!! Thank you so much! By the way, nice blog...


Cheers,
Dan
http://meioaereo.blogspot.com

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Bush did have another usefulness in addition to the unexpected holiday. The day he came to Dubai, there was no traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road. None whatsoever!

offshore said...

Very quickly this website will be famous among all blogging people, due to it’s fastidious articles or reviews
offshore company formation in dubai