Monday 3 December 2007

And That's When I Accidentally Smacked the Sheikh in the Face

*Phone rings*

JennyF: (world of exhaustion in voice) What now?

Perennially Stressed Colleague: ‘Oh hey!... Oh, well, um, I got that flight in the end. And the thing was, I was really stressed right?.... Ok, so we’re an hour delayed and it’s this really big board meeting in Lahore and this bitch of an air-hostess won’t call the terminal and let them know I’m on my way to the connection. They normally do that, and I’ve had like two hours sleep every night for six days because of this project so I’m kind of hopping from foot to foot with exhaustion and unsteady with tiredness and the client’s going to go mental if I’m not at this board meeting.

So then when this other really nice hostie says I can be the first person off the plane, I took it kind of… literally. And there’s this old dude in a dishdash right? He wants to go first too, like he doesn’t know I have a CONNECTION. But I could totally take him. So upshot is I’m standing right by the door as they open them, and he’s standing right behind me muttering.But then there’s this big sandstorm right? The moment they open the doors I get a tonne of grayish grit in the eyes, and kind of reel backwards blown by all the force of the desert winds… and the upshot is that I kind of accidentally headbutt this old dude.

Yeah, Senior Prince…. Do you think you could let them know I’m not going to make the board meeting?’

No comments: