Saturday 8 December 2007

It's Just...So....Beautiful...

NB (Americanly, enthusiastically): Oh my god! I have the best idea for a business!
JF: (Britishly, gracelessly) Wot?
NB: We’re setting up a business writing the biographies of rich dudes in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Saudi. Baby, think of the margins! Write one – rags to riches, caravan to owning Caravaggio’s, date palms to IPOs, flog them a limited print run in gold covers, 500 to give out to friends and people they hate, charge ‘em like a hundred thousand dollars per book.
JF: (staring incredulously) Oh. My. God.
NB: I know right?
JF: I don’t know what to say.
NB: Don’t speak.
JF: (Emotionally) That is the single best idea for a business I ever heard in my life. I might cry. Is it weird to cry?
NB: Be strong.
JF: You don’t even have to write them, just set up a template.
NB: My parents were nomadic and lived in a tent in Jebel Ali….
JF: We owe everything to Sheikh Zayed…
NB: We started to see the opportunity in the 80’s…
JF: I owe everything to the example set by my father….
NB: And to God….
JF: I made some fortunate decisions….
NB: Many multinational companies needed a local sponsor….
JF: I remain very close to my roots
NB: I love falcons and driving up and down the desert sands in my four-wheel drive…
JF: My daughters wear Versace….
NB: Each of my sons got a Porsche on his eighteenth birthday….
JF: We all live together in a villa in Jumeirah….
NB: Fourteen sons and seventeen daughters…..
JF: Two wives and thirty maid servants….
NB: Swarovski chandeliers and Iranian carpets….


JF: (regarding him in awe) It’s brilliant, quite simply brilliant
NB: But it’s just, how are we going to get started?
JF: Oh, no worries, I’ll just put it up on my website

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a genius idea. Can I write one?